Join Propel’s National Youth Week Planning Committee
Propel Youth Arts WA is looking for enthusiastic volunteers ages 15-25 to join their National Youth Week Planning Committee, to help assist in planning and decision-making for the KicksrART Festival.
National Youth Week 2016 will run from 8 to 17 April and is the largest celebration of young people on the Australian youth calendar.
This is your chance to learn what it takes to build and manage a youth arts event, we want you to help design the festival that you want to see. It’s a great opportunity to gain hands-on experience in a friendly environment where you can help promote young people’s ideas and experiences to the broader community.
Presented by Propel Youth Arts WA in partnership with the Department of Local Government and Communities, the KickstART Festival is a burgeoning annual celebration of young people that delivers free arts workshops, discussion forums, markets, performances, live music, special events and activities, throughout the Perth Cultural Centre each April.
As a member of the NYW Planning Committee you may be responsible for:
- Brainstorming a theme for the KickstART Festival
- Recommending and helping to coordinate arts workshops, forums, exhibitions and other events to be included as a part of KickstART
- Recommending and helping to coordinate entertainment and performances to be included at the KickstART Festival
- Assisting in the grassroots promotion of KickstART
- Selecting and coordinating merchandise for the KickstART Festival
- Assisting the on-the-ground running of KickstART events and activities
- Helping out with other festival related tasks where required
- Members can choose their level of involvement but must be able to commit to the project from late September 2015 until April 2016.
Applications are due by 5pm, Wednesday 9 September 2015.