Core Arts Fund | Closed
The Core Arts Fund provides financial support to regional arts organisations in the development and coordination of diverse, annual arts, and cultural activities. It is the intent of the fund that these organisations successfully engage a broad cross-section of their local community.
As of 1 July 2017, the Department of Culture and the Arts (DCA) amalgamated with the Department of Sport and Recreation; Department of Racing, Gaming and Liquor; and the local government and office of multicultural interests functions of the Department of Local Government and Communities to establish the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries (DLGSCI). These changes are designed to provide better services to the community and maximise opportunities to deliver a more efficient and effective public sector for all Western Australians.
Culture and the Arts (WA) (formally known as DCA) has extended existing Core Arts Fund (CAF) contracts to 30 June 2019. The next round of CAF for funding beyond 1 July 2019 has been deferred to a date yet to be determined. Please note: the program will not open in 2018. We encourage you to check the website regularly for updates.
For further information, please contact Country Arts WA office on regional freecall 1800 811 883, or 08 9200 6200, or email Network Coordinator Doone McAlary firstname.lastname@example.org
Core Arts Fund funding categories:
- Peak – Up to $40,000 annually for a three-year contract period. Peak funding supports larger organisations with strong management and a proven record in successful arts program delivery. Access to Peak funding is restricted.
- Key – Up to $15,000 annually for a three-year contract period. Key funding supports organisations with strong management and a proven record in successful arts program delivery. Access to Key Funding is restricted.
- Vital – Up to $10,000 annually for a three-year contract period. Vital funding supports the ongoing development of organisations that have established an annual program of arts activities.
Successful Core Arts Fund organisations:
- Arts Margaret River
- Denmark Arts Council
- Esperance Community Arts
- Vancouver Arts Centre
- Arts & Culture Christmas Island
- Northampton Old School
- Theatre Kimberley
- Exmouth Cultural Arts Centre
- Country Music Club of Boyup Brook
- Nannup Music Club
If you would like to receive further information or wish to receive assistance in the application process, please contact a Country Arts WA project officer on regional freecall 1800 811 883, or 08 9200 6200.
The Core Arts Fund is supported by the State Government through the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries and Lotterywest.