Shows on the Go
Shows on the Go is a community-driven touring model wherein regional Western Australians vote for the productions they would most like to see performed in their town.
Through the community voting process the touring program brings performing arts to remote and regional communities that may not have regular access to live professional performances. This is done annually through the Shows on the Go Touring Menu, via the National Touring Selector website, where communities vote for their favourite shows. The shows in the menu are shortlisted by a curation panel of regional presenters for their suitability for regional audiences and the quality of the production.
These shows may include theatre, dance, music, circus, puppetry and comedy. They provide great entertainment to local audiences and galvanise shared community experiences.
The successful shows for 2017 are;
- Marty’s Party touring 1 February to 31 March 2017
- Kookoo Kookaburra touring 1 May to 30 June 2017
- Barbara & Barry’s Sweet, Sour & Saucy touring 2 August to 2 September 2017
Voting for the 2018 menu is now open
Community presenters should have now received an email on how to vote. If you haven’t, please contact us on regional freecall 1800 811 883, 08 9200 6200 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Voting closes Friday 4 August 2017.
Bring Quality Entertainment to your Community
What are the benefits?
- You will receive shows that are chosen by regional WA communities for regional WA communities.
- Each show comes with complete technical support and a dedicated technical person who handles everything for you.
- You get to determine the price of your tickets based on what your budget is and what your community can afford.
- You have the freedom to create the event you would like in your community. For example: it could be licensed, a dinner and a show package, a BBQ before the show, a local act/artist may perform prior to the main act, or any other ideas you have.
- Workshops are provided by the touring artists for you to offer to local organisations, groups or schools. Note: these are subject to availability based on the tour schedule.
- Contracting is done by Country Arts WA, so no negotiating is required between the artist and the presenter.
- Country Arts WA will cover accommodation and travel costs.
– Kambalda Cultural and Arts Group Inc.
What will Country Arts WA provide?
- Presenter guide and an electronic press kit.
- Complimentary posters & flyers.
- Social media posts throughout the tour, which can be shared on your page.
- Interview opportunities with the cast for radio and press calls.
- Two tour t-shirts for pre-show promotion and front of house staff to wear.
- A television commercial for the show, screened prior to and during the tour.
- Local promotional ideas specific to the show to engage your community.
– Norseman audience member.
What do I need?
- Your organisation or group must be incorporated and have a current ABN. If you don’t have either, feel free to speak with Country Arts WA as there are other options.
- A venue that is suitable given the show’s technical requirements.
- Staffing support to manage ticket sales, local promotion and front of house at the perfor- mance.
- Payment of a performance fee which pays for the artists fees.
- Payment of Royalties or APRA fees if required.
- Someone to complete the report post tour and share your successes and learning.
– Narembeen Community Resource Centre.
Share the Risk
Share the Risk funding is available for eligible presenters to cover up to 50% of the Shows on the Go performance fee. This is a guarantee-against-loss program designed to assist remote and regional communities cover losses associated with unexpected events in their community that affect ticket sales. Find out more information here.
If you are interested in touring a production or having a production showcased for touring, please contact the Performing Arts Touring team on regional freecall 1800 811 883, 08 9200 6200 or by email email@example.com.