Lotterywest Shows on the Go
Lotterywest Shows on the Go is a community-driven touring model that gives regional Western Australians the chance to curate what shows they’d like to see in their town.
Community presenters are offered the opportunity to select the show or shows that will best serve their community, choosing from a range of theatre, dance, music, children’s entertainment, circus, puppetry and comedy.
The productions provide high-quality entertainment to local audiences, designed to galvanise shared community experiences.
2019 Lotterywest Shows on the Go
2020 Lotterywest Shows on the Go
Country Arts WA is taking advantage of the opportunity presented by WA Showcase to trial a new process for selecting the Lotterywest Shows on the Go touring show for 2020.
Several shows pitched at WA Showcase appeared to fit the requirements for Lotterywest Shows on the Go. During WA Showcase, Country Arts WA staff and community presenters in attendance spoke with producers to ascertain which shows met the full criteria of being able to tour to unmanaged and managed venues and whether they’re available and interested.
When presenters express interest in productions at the end of WA Showcase, Country Arts WA will follow up with the highly voted shows most suitable for touring to unmanaged and managed venues through Lotterywest Shows on the Go.
Country Arts WA will announce the program soon. An EOI will be emailed to presenters inviting you to express interest in presenting the program in your community for 2020. Please contact us if you are interested in the Lotterwest Shows on the Go program.
Read about previous Lotterywest Shows on the Go:
- Great Danes
- A Boy Named Cash
- Loose Ends
- Barbara & Barry’s Sweet, Sour & Saucy
- Kookoo Kookaburra
- Marty’s Party
Bring quality entertainment to your community
What are the benefits?
- You’ll receive shows that are chosen by regional WA communities for regional WA communities.
- Each show comes with complete technical support and a dedicated technical operator.
- You determine the price of your tickets based on what your budget is and what your community can afford.
- You have the freedom to create the event you would like in your community. For example: it could be licensed, a dinner and a show package, a BBQ before the show, or a local act to open for the touring performer.
- Workshops are provided by the touring artists for you to offer to local organisations, groups or schools (subject to availability based on the tour schedule).
- Contracting is done by Country Arts WA, so no negotiating is required between the artist and the presenter.
- Country Arts WA will cover the touring party’s accommodation and travel costs.
What will Country Arts WA provide?
- Presenter guide and an electronic press kit.
- Design and printing of complimentary posters & flyers.
- Social media support throughout the tour.
- Interview opportunities with the cast for radio and press calls.
- Two tour T-shirts for pre-show promotion and front of house staff to wear.
- A television commercial for the show, screened in the lead-up to the performance.
- Local promotional ideas specific to the show to engage your community.
What do you need?
- Your organisation or group must be incorporated and have a current ABN. If you don’t have either, feel free to speak with Country Arts WA about your options.
- A venue that is suitable for the show’s technical requirements.
- Staffing support to manage ticket sales, local promotion and front of house at the performance.
- Payment of a performance fee which covers artist fees.
- Payment of Royalties or APRA fees (if required).
- To submit an post-event report sharing your successes and learnings.
Share the Risk
Share the Risk funding is available for eligible presenters to cover up to 50% of the Lotterywest Shows on the Go performance fee. This is a guarantee-against-loss program designed to assist remote and regional communities cover losses associated with unexpected events in their community that affect ticket sales. Find out more information here.
Get in touch
If you are interested in touring a production or having a production showcased for touring, please contact Country Arts WA:
Regional freecall: 1800 811 883
Phone: 08 9200 6200