Regional Arts Hubs
The Regional Arts Hubs (‘Hubs’) is a new initiative from Country Arts WA. This revolutionary set-up will completely change the way we talk to each other and the way we get work done.
The Hubs form a network that will connect the State’s artists, arts workers, and audiences to enable better service delivery, improved communications, increased local decision-making, and more integrated planning with other sectors such as tourism and local government.
In August 2017, the pilot program was implemented with four regional organisations contracted to become the first Hubs:
- Goolarri Media Enterprises Broome, Kimberley
- Nintirri Centre Tom Price, Pilbara
- Arts Narrogin, Wheatbelt
- Creative Corner Margaret River, South West
Each Hub is contracted to deliver on the following outcomes:
- A state-wide regional arts database
- An annual regional arts Dashboard demonstrating success and impact
- An annual professional development program
- Direct input into the planning and strategic direction of the regional arts sector and Country Arts WA
- A state-wide network of presenting circuits
The program will be refined after the first 18 months, and then rolled-out over the succeeding five years until there is a network of 22 Hubs.
For more information, please contact the Country Arts WA office on regional freecall 1800 811 883, or 08 9200 6200, or Regional Arts Development Coordinator, Doone McAlary, at firstname.lastname@example.org